Thursday, February 2

just when i thought

arghs.... just when i thought i was going to have to spend even more money and take even more time off my studies to meet up with nora today for drinks, she cancelled on me right when i was meant to meet her.. and so i thought i'd feel better and relieved and that this would've freed up more time for me to do the things i was meant to be doing.. but then.... i wasn't liberated, i was free to the point of indolent idleness! and i didn't like it at all! i have been, to my dismay and utter frustration at times, so busy the past week with no time for anything... rushing into lectures, having to catch my breath, coming in late for classes, leaving assignments in lockers, gobbling down breakfasts, trying to get my 8 hours, etc etc... and for once, today, i felt that there was nothing planned for the rest of my evening, and i was, instead of the relaxation i was anticipating, indifferent and unwelcoming of it!

and then, just when i thought i was going to have to get to liking this idleness and short-lived freedom, i come home from the library, all ready to sip my chamomile and blog about it, when i check my inbox for all the emails that i've deferred reading, and realise there's a new agenda for Glasgow Transfusion that's taking place and i have more work to do by this sunday!

arghs!!!! how the furrows of life tip and turn you! *pout*
meanwhile, this whole new mobile no business is quite a pain as well, why are they taking so long to grant me my free 300 texts??? don't they know i've a textaholic and this abstinence is driving me mad???

since when were we defined by the amount of things we have got planned and how much contact we make with people... since when did the number of texts/calls we receive a day define us? since when did we seek solace in these things - time/communication with people? but then, you ask, why not? God created people for Himself, but i believe He also created people for people... but it's when you base all your solace and all your hopes and all your faith in people that you're screwed. because the moment we rest our faith in men is the moment we will be sadly let down. which is exactly why i place all my trust in God. :)

No comments: