Friday, February 23

of mice and men

scene : byres road, circa 5pm...
enter jonny and naomi round the corner of morton's...

jonny: "hello, carol! we just bought rats! "

me: "i just bought brown boots! *shows them my bag* this is my 5th pair of brown boots and i was like, 'when am i ever gonna stop buying brown boots? and i'm like, never!'... why'd u buy rats?"

naomi: "it's for rachel farr. "

(jonny gets a phone call.)

me: "oh yea, it's her birthday. *looks at the cage* where are the rats? "

naomi : "in the little box. i don't think it's a good idea, personally. "

me: "oh no! it's quite a craze nowadays! my friend got two rats, then beth's flat got rats and now here! "

naomi:" beth's got rats? "

me:" yeah! "

naomi: "so if rachel isn't up for the rats, we could give it to beth? "

me: "yeah! ohh, plenty of my friends would love rats! "

(jonny puts down the phone at this point.)

jonny: "mice, carol, *shoots evil look at me* not rats. "

me: "well, lots of my friends would love mice slash rats. or or OR.... if noone wants it them, u can give them to MEEE and i'll dissect out their bone marrow and get their dendritic cells.. *makes continuous crushing motion with hand* and test them of course! "

jonny shoots me a dirty glance and walks off.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday princess carol

princesscarol said...

awwww anonymous, always a fan of avid anonymity, but for thanks-giving sake, who are u??

Anonymous said...

Carol,
HILARIOUS!
heralding the new harold pinter!

Sarah

Anonymous said...

sararahhh! i miss u, u ol bard! recite some poetry to mee!